[Om3] Two more CDBase questions

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Tue May 13 12:58:29 CEST 2008

Dear Michael, dear all,

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 07:51:52 Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> I think that whatever we do, the current setup with cdbase being
> inherited from parent elements (whether that be OM Object-internal
> inheritance as specified in OM2 or the case for CDs and CDSignatures
> where you are essentially proposing document-level inheritance)

Yes, but only an inheritance from the top level of the document down to the
Signature elements.  In OM2 the Signature elements only refer to a symbol by
name, so the additional CD context information is needed, and that one is
given on the top level by /CDSignatures/@cd (relatively to
/CDSignatures/@cdbase).

Of course we could decide that the Signature elements themselves point to
cdbase and cd, but on the other hand it makes sense IMHO to syntactically
enforce that a whole signature dictionary can only deal with symbols of one
CD.

Best,

Christoph

--