[Om3] How should Signature und Notation Dictionaries point to CDs?

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Tue May 13 15:33:44 CEST 2008

Dear all,

  I noticed one more inconsistency in the way we currently give additional
information about symbols defined in CDs, namely signature dictionaries and
notation dictionaries point to “their” content dictionaries in different ways.
For signature dictionaries it looks like this (assuming the consensus from the
previous discussions on that topic):

<CDSignatures cdbase="mybase" cd="mycd" type="...">
  <Signature name="symbolname">
    <!-- points to the symbol (mybase, mycd, symbolname) -->
  </Signature>
</CDSignatures>

And now for notation dictionaries:

<notations>
  <notation cdbase="mybase" cd="mycd" name="symbolname">
    <!-- points to the symbol (mybase, mycd, symbolname) -->
  </notation>
</notations>

I think we should settle on one of these ways. (I don't care which one.) What
do you think about that?

Best,

Christoph

--