[Om3] three avenues for the condition elements

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 00:02:31 CET 2008

On Wed, November 5, 2008 1:16 pm, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> I have reserved the flashmeeting:
>    http://fm.ea-tel.eu/fm/356a23-15076
> for 14:00-15:00 BST
[I think you actually mean GMT, since it is no longer summer, though we on
this fog-bound island find it hard to tell]
> (i.e. 15:00-16:00 CET)
>
> I'm happy if a little menu can be sent around before.
How about this.
(1) Is James' summary of where condition is in MathML2 OK?
(2) Michael proposed adding OMCOND
(3) James disagrees, and thinks that handling conditions belongs at the
pragmatic->strict level inside MathML, since <condition> does not have a
meaning by itself.

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123, 50199
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication