[Om3] Your question on the wiki discussion page cd:fns1

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Wed Nov 12 14:09:53 CET 2008

Hi Chris,

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 23:58:04 you wrote:
> What tools do you have for creating a new CD?  Copy and edit?

sorry for replying to that so late.  I think I should just give you a demo
next week.

But let me reply to the whole list, as I think it is also relevant for others.
There is some support for creating things in SWiM.  The editor has an
annotation toolbar with basic support for most CD structures.  However, there
is not yet a convenient way of creating CDs containing symbols containing
properties, examples, etc., in such a way as they are imported from the
OpenMath svn into wiki.openmath.org -- i.e. that they are split into small,
handy wiki pages.  And the creation of new CDs is not yet possible with the
Subversion backend -- but, of course, with the local database backend that
SWiM has always had.  So far, you can only import and edit CDs that are stored
in an svn repository.

I know how all this could be done nicer, but unfortunately I'm the only person
doing the implementation.  Therefore, I cannot make all improvements at once.
However, I would be really interested in a case study on CD creation.  Do you
have a concrete use case?  A concrete use case, and the availability of at
least one more programmer, could work wonders :-)

Cheers,

Christoph