[Om3] Skype F2F for calculus3 and condition element in OpenMath

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 09:01:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, October 1, 2008 12:32 am, David Carlisle wrote:
>> (which is STS-incorrect), and should have
>>         <OMBIND>
>>           <OMS cd="fns1" name="lambda"/>
>
> I think the example at
> http://www.openmath.org/cd/calculus1.xhtml#diff
> is OK isn't it?
Whoops - you're right, I missed the 'y'.
> Although the plain text version is rather loose and writes
>   derivative(x + 1.0) = 1.0
> the OM is OK but applies the dual fix to the one you suggested, applying
> the lhs to (an arbitrary) variable rather than lambda abstracting the rhs.
True - I don't think Algol68 had 'proceduring' though.

All this emphasises the wisdom of having a vF2F at 11.00BST/12.00CET today!

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123, 50199
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication