[Om3] rnc/rng discrepancies

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Sat Sep 6 22:33:38 CEST 2008

Dear all,

  in implementing the support for the OpenMath/MathML 3 CD syntax in SWiM I'm
currently having a look at the Relax NG.  There are bugs which I will report
in the Trac, but I also have a question:

It seems that the *.rnc and *.rng files are out of sync.  There are far more
*.rng file than *.rnc files.  @Michael, the svn log tells me that they may
have been generated from the *.sts.  But then, what is the subdirectory cd/
for?

And there are certain elements that occur in some (generated) *.rng's but not
in the *.rnc's.  For example the m:nthdiff element.  Even though it seems to
be part of MathML 3
(http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter4.html#contm.nthdiff), I think it only
occurs in the rng's generated from the OpenMath STS -- as it probably was in
OpenMath 2 but not in MathML 2.

Thanks for any help,

Christoph

--