[Om3] Algebraic number fields!

Chris Rowley C.A.Rowley at open.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 10:37:35 CEST 2008

James

I had been deliberately keeping the examples in the discussion
well away from any maths about which I claim to know much:-).

But then I see this:

> SOME, yes, but the moment you ask for the
> cube root of -1 it does start mattering.

How true!

But you broadened the subject so I shall go further and point out that
in other parts of the current CDs you have use-cases worse than
multiple-valued functions or overloading of operators/functions.

These are places where a mathematical term is used (within K14) to
mean more fundamentally different things (rather than for slightly
different functions within a well-understood equivalence class).

chris