[Om3] linear algebra CDs

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Sat Sep 13 10:26:22 CEST 2008

Dear all,

As actioned, I have started looking at the linear algebra CDs, in
particular, linalg2.ocd and linalg3.ocd to clean up what I found there.
There I found that MathML2 allowed to construct vectors and matrices
from functions. This is not something the OpenMath CDs I found allowed
us to do.

Therefore I constructed the first draft of a CD I call linalg6.ocd
(linalg4 and linalg5 already seem to be taken), which does that. Please
look at  https://svn.openmath.org/OpenMath3/cd/MathML/linalg6.xhtml and
comment.

I quite liked the idea to just use matrix at linalg6 and vector at linalg6,
but I suspect that we need a row-based and a column-based version of
these two symbols, which would suggest that they might be included into
linalg2.ocd and linalg3.ocd under symbol names like fvector at linalg2/3
and fmatrix at linalg2/3 (I do not particular like these, please suggest
better ones).

Please comment on this.

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007