[Om3] Symbol Definitions in the Description elements (that go into chapter4)

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 01:06:58 CEST 2008

On Sat, September 13, 2008 9:44 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> during my linalg CD studies I have found various places, where the
> <Description> element of a symbol mentions how it is defined. e.g. for
> vectorproduct. I am not sure, but I have the feeling that the K-14
> description should not mention this. Is this also your intuition?
In this case, that part of the 'description' is also a direct clone of the
CMP. scalarproduct is pretty similar. Ditto outerproduct, except that here
I am not sure what else to write. I am tempted to wonder whether outer
product is a K-14 term, but still.

Basically, Michael is right, and we don't want this duplication.

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
Currently (thankfully briefly) Acting Head, CS Dept
Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication