[Om3] Symbol Definitions in the Description elements (that go into chapter4)

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Mon Sep 15 08:08:00 CEST 2008

Dear James,

I think that this calls for the defmp or generally definition element
you were calling for in Linz.

Michael

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk wrote:
> On Sat, September 13, 2008 9:44 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> during my linalg CD studies I have found various places, where the
>> <Description> element of a symbol mentions how it is defined. e.g. for
>> vectorproduct. I am not sure, but I have the feeling that the K-14
>> description should not mention this. Is this also your intuition?
>>
> In this case, that part of the 'description' is also a direct clone of the
> CMP. scalarproduct is pretty similar. Ditto outerproduct, except that here
> I am not sure what else to write. I am tempted to wonder whether outer
> product is a K-14 term, but still.
>
> Basically, Michael is right, and we don't want this duplication.
>
> James Davenport
> Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
> Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
> Currently (thankfully briefly) Acting Head, CS Dept
> Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123
> Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
> OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
> IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007