[Om3] Splitting <Description>

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 10:04:03 CEST 2008

> but if MathML insist that it be the <Description> element that appears in
> the MathML standard, when we could change overview into Description.

I don't think that we insist on anything. There's a general aim to be
able to share descriptions as much as possible, to share workload and to
maximise the chances that OM3 and MathML3  are aligned, but certainly
element names can be changed, and for specific symbols, sharing won't be
possible,or at least won't be a simple matter of inclusion. In
particular cases where a single mathml element maps to multiple OM
symbols ({matrix,vector}_selector being a recently discussed example:-)

David