[Om3] Splitting <Description>

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Wed Sep 17 07:50:42 CEST 2008

Just to be clear, you are proposing

<Description>
  <Overview>
     something short in plain unicode here
  </Overview>
  <Detail>
    a larger, detailed discussion here that contains mathml.
  </Detail>
</Description>

correct? By our current thinking, this could be followed by (according
to current practice; but capitalized to keep the OCD spirit) multiple

<Property>
    <CMP>A NL rendering of the property.</CMP>
    <FMP>A formula giving the property</FMP>
</Property>

and multiple

<Example>...</Example>

Michael

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk wrote:
> On Mon, September 15, 2008 5:58 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
>
>> I think we are quite in consensus here that we need two elements for
>> describing a symbol, and there have been a number of element name
>>
> Excellent.
>
>> suggestions floating around. We are currently using <Description> and
>> <discussion> purely for legacy reasons.
>>
> I rather dislike <discussion>, as it sounds non-normative
>
>> @James, are you making the suggestion that we should use <overview> and
>> <detail> as element names, or just to clarify the issue.
>>
> OK - I'll make this as a formal suggestion, but I'll do so in two parts:
> (a) that <Description> be split in two: a general description suitable for
> K14 and a more detailed definition;
> (b) that these two parts be called <Overview> and <Detail> (initial caps
> does seem to be the general system).
>
> James Davenport
> Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
> Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
> Currently (thankfully briefly) Acting Head, CS Dept
> Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123
> Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
> OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
> IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007