[Om3] Symbol Definitions in the Description elements (that go into chapter4)

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 09:38:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, September 17, 2008 6:49 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> thank you for the concrete proposal, I still have to read it in detail,
> but would like to make one suggestion that builds onto the current form
> of the OM3/MathML3 CDs.
>
> Following MathML practice, we have grouped corresponding CMP and FMP
> elements into a <property> element like so
>
> <property>
>     <CMP>A NL rendering of the property.</CMP>
>     <FMP>A formula giving the same property</FMP>
> </property>
>
> of course we can also only have only the CMP or only the FMP.
>
> I rather like this, and I would propose to move the type="defining"
> attribute you propose for FMP to the <property> element.
That would make sense, and I agree it's the appropriate modification.

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
Currently (thankfully briefly) Acting Head, CS Dept
Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication