[Om3] Splitting <Description>

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 09:49:04 CEST 2008

On Wed, September 17, 2008 6:50 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> Just to be clear, you are proposing
>
> <Description>
>   <Overview>
>      something short in plain unicode here
>   </Overview>
>   <Detail>
>     a larger, detailed discussion here that contains mathml.
>   </Detail>
> </Description>
Given the way <Property> is collected these days, that makes sense, and I
like the distinctiona s to where the MathML/OM goes. HOWEVER, I think we
should be cautious about putting MathML/OM into <Detail>, since normally
it would belong in a <Property>, as in the example of <outerproduct> you
quoted earlier. That isn't to say that there aren't occasions when it's
the right thing to do.