[Om3] CD-review little report

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 10:05:40 CEST 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Professor James Davenport wrote:
> >    - I have rephrased "takes no argument" to "cannot be applied"
> Certainly an improvement.
What we really mean is that it is a constant, rather than an operator. Of
course, Universal Algebra reagrds constants as nullary operators, which is
probably where the confused wording came from.
Actually, I don't think we need any words here: just delete the sentence,
so that (both_sides, for example) reads "This symbol is used ... both
sides."

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
Formerly RAE Coordinator and Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123, 50199
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication