[Om3] Skype F2F for calculus3 and condition element in OpenMath

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Sun Sep 28 08:21:33 CEST 2008

Dear all,

a couple of days back I sent around a note proposing a new calculus3 CD
and in it a new representational style using complex binding operators
that allows to get by without condition elements. This is important for
the OpenMath/MathML alignment, since if we do not find a way to get by
without a <condition> element in strict content MathML, we will need to
introduce one in OpenMath, which would be a large change in the language.

Unfortunately, there has not been a lot of response to the proposal, but
I am not willing to interpret this as a sign of "no opposition". We need
to discuss this proposal in depth and estimate the consequences for
OpenMath and MathML. We also need to move forward since the MathML WG
needs to prepare a final call working draft relatively soon.

Therefore I am calling a virtual Face2Face meeting via Skype conference.
To plan a date I have prepared a poll at
http://www.doodle.ch/2d9uyxmczvq2gk6s So if you are interested in this
topic or think you have something to contribute, please head over there
and specify your free slots until monday September 29. 23:59 CET.

If you want to prepare, the note is at
https://svn.openmath.org/OpenMath3/doc/blue/noconds/note.pdf

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007