[Om3] trouble with container markup example

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Thu Feb 12 09:55:27 CET 2009

(bringing to om3 only)

Le 12-févr.-09 à 01:58, Professor James Davenport a écrit :

>> But you do not hit the Russel's paradox since the
> Not in this case, I admit. But at the time we were unsure how to bar
> Russell's paradox but allow more expressivity.
>> set_of_expressions_such_that( x, domain, f )
>> = map(f,suchthat(x,domain))
>> The issue is having to use map, I think where one wishes to speak
>> of the set
>> of function-results and not speak about applying f to the set.
> But OpenMath does not imply computation :-)

Sure it does not.

To do a rendering, it's a funny story, I understand we would need a
pattern for
   map(lambda.z.f(z),suchthat(x,domain))
which should render as { f(x) | x in domain}

with another pattern where the f is not a function and the map
operator is visible.

My issue here is authorability... it is mathematically equivalent but
equal in the head of mathematicians?

paul