[Om3] Summary of the Davenport&Kohlhase Proposal

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Mon Mar 23 08:58:59 CET 2009

Michael, James,

although I still need to think about it, it appears acceptable to me.
Three comments:

- I would prefer to have a single child that would encapsulate all
conditions; it would feel muuuuch safer (I guess a logic1#and would be
enough in most cases and that is the semantic that is meant).

- isn't there a systematic translation from the newer case to the
older? I guess this is of interest for all.

- can you tell more about possible dangers of this extension? I don't
see any thus far but there must be some.

- Do you really need extra symbols for that? (the new "allowed
encodings" seem to be only invalid with the former encodings). I don't
like arith7!

paul