[Om3] Newbie troubles...

Herli Joaquim de Menezes herlimenezes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:16:39 CET 2010

Hello,

My dissertation project is about representing Physical Science concepts. As
first step i wrote an OWL ontology. However, OWL2 language has no sufficient
expressiveness to represent assertions like:
For all field F, if rot F = 0 then F is a conservative field.
I think there are many reasons for this:

   1. there is no means to represent mathematical formulas in OWL
   2. the inference engine of OWL DL does not handle mathematical assertions
   and there is no means to handle mathematical inferences, because there is no
   way to evaluate expressions in OWL
   3. I am trying to write some piece of xml code using OmDoc and integrate
   by means of imports in OWL ontology.
   4. I begin writing code using Eclipse IDE but it does not recognize some
   namespaces of OmDoc or OpenMath. How can I do this?

Im using as reference Kohlhase's OmDoc1.2 book.

--
Herli Menezes