[Om3] [Om] Kicking off an OpenMath2+Process (Standard Enhancement)

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 10:21:38 CET 2011

On Mon, February 14, 2011 9:10 am, Christoph LANGE wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I have a question related to the new roadmap.  I noticed that you closed
> a number of "OpenMath 3" Trac tickets as "outdated".  I presume that the
> new "OpenMath 2++" starts with the established OpenMath 2 schema and CDs
> and everything else.  From that point of view most of the "issues" we've
> had with the "OpenMath 3" schema/CDs are indeed non-issues.  But I could
> well imagine that similar problems and design issues will occur again.
> From that point of view I consider it problematic to "forget" all the
> problems and half-done solutions we have had so far.
>
> What do you think?  Or am I missing the point?
"closed" is not the same as "deleted" - the record is still there, I
believe, and can be re-opened/mined. The more likely problem is that
no-one remembers that it's there, butIdon't see a solution to that.

James Davenport
Lecturer on XX10190 and CM30070
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor and Programme Chair, OpenMath 2009
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication
Engineering & Science Board, Council of the British Computer Society
Federal Council, International Foundation for Computational Logic