[Om3] Kicking off an OpenMath2+ Process (Standard Enhancement)

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Thu Feb 24 16:34:57 CET 2011

Dear James,

On 2/22/11 2:45 PM, Professor James Davenport wrote:
> I agree with Michael. We will need ONE encoding in the standard itsefl,
> though, otherwise we can't give examples, and that might as well be the
> <OMA>... one (which will also need a better name).

I am not sure that this is actually true. If we follow Lars' idea, then
the main OpenMath standard would mainly consist of the current
chapter 1. Introduction,
chapter2. OpenMath Objects
chapter 5. Compliance (but without 5.1 and 5.3, which go to the XML
encoding standard)
appendix F/G.

If you look at these, they do not use any examples in the XML encoding.
But we can also use (one of) the XML encodings for example and
referencing the XML encoding standard.

Michael