[Om3] Procedural question

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Fri Feb 25 14:14:08 CET 2011

Dear Lars,

thanks for driving the process with your enquiries. I have (tried to
document how we want to proceed in
https://trac.mathweb.org/OM3/wiki/OMReview (this is mostly the content
of the earlier e-mail, but some more infrastructure).

I would like to use the first round to collect OM2 Errata and have people submit SEPs. I have also rescheduled the issues left over from the OM3 process in 2008 in TRAC milestones (see https://trac.mathweb.org/OM3/roadmap). So that we are not starting from zero.

SEPs should be tickets on the OM3 TRAC, just register for the TRAC as specified in https://trac.mathweb.org/register/wiki/account, then you can open tickets for SEPs via https://trac.mathweb.org/OM3/newticket please schedule it to the appropriate milestone (OM2+OMOBJ in this case).

> the thing I would most like to see changed in the current standard (well, not
> counting fixing the downright but minor errors) is to lift the restriction on
> OMBIND that it must have exactly three children. Rather, I think it should
> (like OMA) allow any number of children, as long as the first is the binder
> (typically a symbol) and the second is the OMBVAR with the variables it
> binds. Since this issue was last up for discussion (two years ago, I think),
> I have furthermore become aware of a new use-case: Lindström quantifiers.
That is interesting to hear, as you know James and I have proposed the
same extension in an OpenMath paper 2009
(see http://kwarc.info/kohlhase/papers/om09-quantifiers.pdf). I have
opened a SEP for this one (https://trac.mathweb.org/OM3/ticket/136),
which you can comment on and chime in on the discussion.
> Finally, for this particular issue, I seem to recall Prof. Davenport already
> had something akin to a SEP, so maybe amending that would be better than
> writing something new from scratch...
exactly.

Michael