[Om3] Language Dictionaries (Was: Re: Initializing OM3 at 2013 Process)

Chris Rowley ca_rowley at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 16 07:54:29 CEST 2014

On 3 May 2014, at 00:28, Michael Kohlhase <m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> I view their purpose as similar to the pragmatic-to-strict
> transformation in the MathML3 recommendation.

But those translations were needed because a somewhat arbitrary (from the OM viewpoint at least) collection  pragmatic forms pre-existed.   They would not have been created without this constraint on the need to harmonise OM and MML.

Thus there does not seem to be a need for this new collection of transformations, at least not just to get ‘nicer syntax’ for a (somewhat arbitrary) collection of constructs.

Or am I missing something (arbitrary)?

chris