[Om3] Attempt at an Agenda for today's meeting

James Davenport J.H.Davenport at bath.ac.uk
Fri May 16 11:08:11 CEST 2014

My notes to date, especially for Chris.
Quoting Michael Kohlhase <m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de>:

> Dear all,
>
> I have tried to add Jan Willem, David, and Chris to the call, but you so
> not seem to be online, so please ping me when you are.
>
> Michael
> On 16.5.14 08:50, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
>> Dear OM3 committee and guests,
>>
>> We have our kickoff meeting for the OM3 effort  today at 10:00 CET (in
>> ca 1:30 h). If you have not done so, please send me your skype handle
>> (if you have done so, please do it again :-)). I will then set up a
>> skype meeting from these.
>>
>> We have already started discussing over e-mail before today, so it maybe
>> good to take stock and plan our course. Here are some things I would
>> like discussed (ordered in order of radicality)
>>
>>  1. *Triage, TRAC complete/up-to-date*, ... we should get an overview
>>     over the issues we have compiled
>>  2. is there a need for a *new standard* (OM3 or OM2-2e)?
>>      1. do we want to extend/change OpenMath objects
>>      2. do we want to extend/change XML/binary encodings
>>      3. do we want to extend/change OM CD data model
>>      4. do we want to extend/change the XML encoding of OMCD
>>  3. how to we see the s*ynchronization with MathML3*?
>>  4. Do we want to develop a *language extension mechanisms*
>>
>> Note that we do not have to answer all of these questions today, but it
>> would be good to have a first indication in which direction the
>> discussion will go.
>>
>> Note furthermore, that I view the mandate of our committee to come up
>> with a justified answer for questions 2 and 3. Anything else is extra.
>> In particular we are not tasked to have a standard draft ready for the
>> OM workshop in Coimbra. But if we answer section 2 positively, it is
>> admissible to start working on a draft standard.
>>
>> Michael

> --
>  Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,        Office: Research 1, Room 168
>  Professor of Computer Science  Campus Ring 1,
>  Jacobs University Bremen           D-28759 Bremen, Germany
>  tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140  skype: m.kohlhase
>  m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology,
University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor
Director of Studies EPSRC Doctoral Taught Course Centre for HPC
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication
Vice-President and Academy Trustee, British Computer Society
SW Coordinator, Computing at School Network of Excellence
Federal Council, International Federation for Computational Logic