[Om3] CD-content-issues… a guideline?

Paul Libbrecht paul at hoplahup.net
Tue May 20 10:14:35 CEST 2014

Hello OpenMathers,

I quickly scanned the minutes of the last meeting and it was agreed there that CD-content issues should be sorted out outside of the (OMOBJ/CD) language specification. I am not sure it would be completely independent.
I think we are currently not supporting well the new contributors of CD as they do not know what kind of community process they are to expect and often do just one of the many desirable actions they should do.

While the guidelines are not part of the standard, the aims of the guidelines could be.
I'm thinking that the objective of a completely free exchange of CDs is important (hence expect some licenses), that requesting people to define their interoperability objectives is important, that participating to an open debate among potential interoperability stakeholders is useful, … There must be more.

A good idea?

paul