[Trac] [OpenMath] #38: Incorporate Dublin Core and Creative Commons instead of idiosyncratic metadata

OpenMath trac at strawberry.eecs.jacobs-university.de
Tue Sep 9 20:17:43 CEST 2008

#38: Incorporate Dublin Core and Creative Commons instead of idiosyncratic
metadata
     Reporter:  clange      |          Owner:  kohlhase
         Type:  proposal    |         Status:  new
    Component:  CD3 Format  |        Version:
   Resolution:              |       Keywords:
Include_gantt:  0           |   Dependencies:
   Due_assign:  YYYY/MM/DD  |      Due_close:  YYYY/MM/DD
Comment (by clange):

 Replying to [comment:6 david]:
 > I'm against replacing the OM* elements with dc ones.
 One more comment about this: If we follow your decision, I would at least
 suggest that we specify a canonical mapping of those CD elements for which
 it is possible to DC, e.g. in an appendix of the spec.  I'm not used to
 writing specs and appendices thereof, so I don't know whether that's a
 good thing, but from a developer's point of view it is certainly good if
 you don't have to figure out a reasonable CD -> DC mapping yourself, if we
 have already done so.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.mathweb.org/OM3/ticket/38#comment:8>
OpenMath <http://www.openmath.org>