Announcement of the 9th OpenMath Workshop

Angel Luis Diaz diaz at watson.ibm.com
Wed Aug 13 23:45:34 CEST 1997

Announcement of the 9th OpenMath Workshop, October 1 and 2, Yorktown
Heights, New York

Dear Colleague,

You are invited to attend the 9th OpenMath Workshop to be held on
October 1 and 2 at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown
Heights, New York. The main topics for this workshop will be content
dictionaries, implementations, and use of OpenMath semantic markup
within TeX and the new Mathematical Markup Language. We are now compiling
the list of speakers and we invite you to send us a talk proposal.

For your information, the workshop will immediately follow the W3C
HTML Math Working Group meeting at the Research Center. We anticipate
the attendance of several working group members at the OpenMath workshop.
Note, however, that the HTML Math meeting is limited to working group
members.

We have reserved blocks of rooms at two area hotels for September 30,
October 1, and October 2.

The first hotel is the

Westchester Marriott
670 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591
Tel: (914) 631-2200
Fax: (914) 631-2832

You must make your arrangements no later than September 8, 1997.
Call (800) 228-9290 or (914) 631-2200 to reserve your room. Please
make reference to IBM/OpenMath in order to assure availability and
the arranged rate  of $127.00 USD.

The second hotel is the

Hampton Inn
200 Tarrytown Road
Elmsford, NY 10523
Tel: (914) 592-5680
Fax: (914) 592-6727

You must make your arrangements for the Hampton Inn no later than
September 14, 1997. Call (800) 426-7866 or (914) 592-5680 to reserve
your room. Please make  reference to the IBM/OpenMath meeting in order
to assure availability  and the arranged rate  of $85.00 USD.

If you will be attending the workshop, send us a note as soon as
possible detailing:

1) Your name/affiliation
2) Travel plans/arrangements

We will use this information to facilitate your registration at
the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center as well as modify the hotel block
commitment.

Yorktown Heights is in Westchester County and this area is served by
several airports: J.F. Kennedy International, Newark International,
Laguardia, and Westchester County. Shared limousine transportation from
Kennedy airport to the Westchester Marriott is approximately $50 (USD).
A taxi from Westchester County airport to the same hotel is approximately
$19 (USD).

We would like to direct you to

http://www.watson.ibm.com/menu.html

for directions and transportation options.

This letter will be followed by more detailed information once we have
generated a working list of attendees. We look forward to welcoming you
to the Watson Research Center!

Sincerely,

Dr. Angel Luis Diaz
Research Staff Member
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights NY, 10598
Tel: (914) 945-1065
Fax: (914) 945-3434
diaz at watson.ibm.com

Dr. Robert S. Sutor
Manager, Interactive Scientific Publishing
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights NY, 10598
Tel: (914) 945-2409
Fax: (914) 945-3434