[om-a] Version 0.7.5d OpenMath Java EAR

Stephen Braham warp at polylab.sfu.ca
Fri Jan 28 15:49:12 CET 2000

Dear OpenMathers,
	NAOMI and the Simon Fraser University PolyLAB is pleased to
announce a early-access software release of version 0.7.5d of it's
OpenMath Java library.

	This release is meant to help groups trying to develop
complex OpenMath applications in the latest version of the OpenMath
spec. It has not undergone full requirements or compatibility testing
to the same level as our publically released version 0.5. We are
presently working on version 0.8 and Personal OpenMath for Java
libraries.

The new 0.7.5d library includes new developments such as:

    OMBinding
    Improved MapleOMCodec
    Compliance with the new OpenMath Specification (Eindhoven 1999)

Note: we expect a 0.7.5e release soon to support XML namespaces in
the XML codecs, if voted in. A 0.7.6 release will also follow shortly
with a new object validation API. Object validation will be used in
a next-generation library designed for embedded and mobile OpenMath
applications.

The library is located at http://team.polylab.sfu.ca/openmath/#lib

			Steve

--