[Om-announce] 1st CFP - spec. issue of MCS on Management of Mathematical Knowledge (deadline 15 December 2007)

Manfred Kerber M.Kerber at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 14:19:41 CEST 2007

               CALL FOR PAPERS FOR A SPECIAL ISSUE OF
                   MATHEMATICS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
                               on
                MANAGEMENT OF MATHEMATICAL KNOWLEDGE
             http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mmk/events/mcs/

Guest Editor: Manfred Kerber, University of Birmingham, England

Following the very successful Sixth International Conference on
Mathematical Knowledge Management at RISC in Hagenberg, Austria, in
June 2007 we invite submissions to a special issue of Mathematics in
Computer Science, a new journal launched by Birkhaeuser/Springer. We
solicit for any high-quality original research paper that substantially
extends ideas and topics presented at MKM07. Potential contributors may
contact the guest editor to discuss the suitability of topics and papers.

Typical relevant topics are:

 * Representation of mathematical knowledge
 * Repositories of formalized mathematics
 * Diagrammatic representations
 * Mathematical search and retrieval
 * Deduction systems
 * Math assistants, tutoring and assessment systems
 * Mathematical OCR
 * Inference of semantics for semi-formalized mathematics
 * Digital libraries
 * Authoring languages and tools
 * MathML, OpenMath, and other mathematical content standards
 * Web presentation of mathematics
 * Data mining, discovery, theory exploration
 * Computer algebra systems
 * Collaboration tools for mathematics

Submission Guidelines:

A submission should contain the title and abstract of the paper in plain
text, the name and e-mail address of the communicating author and a PDF or
PostScript file as e-mail attachment and be sent to the guest editor with
subject line "mcs-issue". If accepted LaTeX sources must be provided.
While there is no strict page limit, papers are expected to be
approximately 20 pages long. Contributions must be substantially extended
compared to the work published in the MKM proceedings. For details follow
the link on the web page of the special issue (see above).

All submitted papers will be refereed according to the usual MCS refereeing
process. To aid planning and organization, an early e-mail of intent to
submit a paper (including author information, a tentative title and
abstract, and an estimated number of pages) would be appreciated.

Important Dates:

    Submission deadline:                    15 December 2007
    Notification of acceptance/rejection:   24 February 2008
    Submission of revised versions:         15 March    2008
    Delivery of camera-ready copies:        15 April    2008
    Publication of special issue:           July/August 2008