[Om-announce] ICALP 2010 Call for Workshop Proposals
ralf.klasing at labri.fr
Tue Oct 13 13:23:22 CEST 2009
ICALP 2010 Call for Workshop Proposals
ICALP 2010 37th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming
5-12 July 2010, Bordeaux, France
Supported by the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS)
The 37th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, the main
conference and annual meeting of the European Association for Theoretical Computer
Science (EATCS), will take place from 5-12 July 2010 in Bordeaux, France. The main
conference will be preceded and followed by a series of Workshops. The workshops
will take place on Monday 5 July, Sunday 11 July and Monday 12 July, 2010 (i.e.,
one day before and two days after ICALP).
Workshop proposals are invited for workshops on topics related to all aspects of
theoretical computer science. (A workshop may relate to any of the three tracks
of ICALP, but also workshop proposals related to other aspects of theoretical
computer science will be considered.) Typically, ICALP workshops feature a number
of invited speakers and a number of contributed presentations. ICALP workshops do
not necessarily produce formal proceedings. However, in the past there have been
e.g. LNCS proceedings or special issues of journals based in part on some ICALP
workshops. Workshop proposals should include:
* Title of the workshop
* Person responsible for the workshop (name + email address)
* A short scientific summary and justification of the proposed topic. This should
include a discussion of the particular benefits of the topic to the ICALP community.
* A discussion of the proposed format and agenda.
* The proposed duration, which is typically one to two days, and your preferred dates.
This is important!
* Procedures for selecting participants and papers.
* Expected number of participants. This is important!
* If the workshop has taken place before, please provide the following information:
- How often has the workshop taken place so far?
- Which conference(s) has the workshop been collocated with so far?
- Please provide the web address of the last workshop, if available.
- How many participants took part in the last workshop?
* Potential invited speakers.
* Plans for dissemination (for example, special issues of journals).
Proposals are due on 31 October 2009, and should be submitted electronically to the Workshops
Ralf.Klasing at labri.fr
Workshops Chair, ICALP 2010
Notifications will be sent by 30 November 2009. The Workshops selection committee consists
of the ICALP Conference Chairs and the ICALP Workshops Chair.
In accordance with EATCS policies, any workshop collocated with ICALP is expected to be
financially independent. However, the registration fee should be as low as possible.
We provide the following aspects of the workshop organisation:
- coffee breaks, wireless access, conference rooms, lunches, booklet, ... (as for ICALP)
- a link to the web page of the workshop
We do NOT provide:
- hotel reservation (as for ICALP)
- All scientific aspects of the program of the workshop
(e.g. call for papers, notification, program, workshop webpage, ...)
are managed by the responsible of the workshop.
- Call for Papers, neither Call for Participation
- publicity for the workshop
ICALP 2010 is organised by the INRIA Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest research center in collaboration
with the LaBRI, computer science laboratory of CNRS and the University of Bordeaux.
More information about the Om-announce