[Om-announce] Call for Participation
publicity at rv2010.org
Tue Aug 31 20:32:40 CEST 2010
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
RV 2010 : 1st International Conference on Runtime Verification
November 1-4, 2010, St. Julians, Malta
** Early registration deadline: September 30, 2010 **
The 2010 Runtime Verication conference is a forum for researchers and industrial
practitioners for presenting theories and tools for monitoring and analyzing
system (software and hardware) executions, as well as forum for presenting
applications of such tools to practical problems. The field of runtime verification
is often referred to under different other names, including dynamic analysis, runtime
analysis, and runtime monitoring, to mention a few. Runtime verification
can be applied during the development of a system for the purpose of program
understanding, debugging, and testing, or it can be applied as part of a running
system, for example for security or safety monitoring, and can furthermore
be part of a fault protection framework.
RV 2010 is conducted over 4 days. The first day offers 6 tutorials in parallel
sessions. The remaining three days offer 6 invited talks, and presentation of
27 regular papers, short papers and tool demonstrations.
- Mike Barnett
Principal RSDE, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA, USA
"Code Contracts for .NET: Runtime Verification and So Much More"
- Rance Cleaveland
Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland, MD, USA
Co-founder of Reactive Systems, Inc.
"Automatic Requirement Extraction from Test Cases"
- Matthew Dwyer
Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Nebraska, NE, USA
"Optimizing Runtime Monitors : Combining Static and Dynamic Techniques"
- Martin Odersky
Professor, Programming Methods Group, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
"Contracts in Scala"
- Wim De Pauw
Researcher, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, New York, USA
"Visualizing Complex IT Systems"
- R. Sekar
Professor, Department of Computer Science
Director, Center for Cyber-security, Stony Brook University, NY, USA
"Runtime Analysis and Instrumentation for Securing Software"
- Run-time Verification of Networked Software
by: Cyrille Valentin Artho
- Clara: Partially Evaluating Runtime Monitors at Compile Time
by: Eric Bodden and Patrick Lam
- You should Better Enforce than Verify
by: Ylies Falcone
- Runtime Verification for the Web
by: Sylvain Halle and Roger Villemaire
- Statistical Model Checking: Present and Future
by: Axel Legay
- Runtime Verification with the RV System
by: Patrick Meredith and Grigore Rosu.
The conference takes place in St. Julians on Malta, and is hosted by the
University of Malta. Malta lies at almost the exact geographical heart of the
Mediterranean Sea. With Sicily some 95 kms to the North, Tripoli 350 kms to
the South and Tunis 320 kms to the West, Malta is virtually at the crossroads
between continents. Malta's pre-history dates back to 5000 B.C. The official
languages of Malta are Maltese and English, so getting by with English is
not a problem. Italian is also widely spoken.
The accommodation and conference venue is the 5 star Le Meridien Hotel,
located on the ground of a 19th century Villa in St Julians, overlooking Balluta Bay.
The climate is typically Mediterranean. The average temperature in November is
20C (70F) during the day and around 14C (60F) at night.
The registration is open at:
- Early registration fee, before or on 30 september: 380 Euros
- Late registration fee, after 30 September: 450 Euros
RV 2010 is supporting a limited number of registrations for students at 190 Euros.
Students can apply by sending an email to Gordon Pace (gordon.pace at um.edu.mt)
with evidence of student status.
- Howard Barringer, University of Manchester, UK
- Klaus Havelund, NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, USA
- Insup Lee, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Grigore Rosu, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Oleg Sokolsky, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Local Organization Chair:
- Gordon Pace, University of Malta, Malta
- Bernd Finkbeiner, Saarland University, Germany
Tool Demonstrations Chair:
- Nikolai Tillmann, Microsoft Research, USA
- Ylies Falcone, INRIA Rennes, France
RV 2010 is sponsored by:
- The International Federation for Computational Logic
- The ARTIST Network of Excellence on Embedded Systems Design
- Microsoft Research
- University of Illinois
We look forward to welcoming you at the 1st International Conference on Runtime Verification.
More information about the Om-announce