[Om-announce] [simu-conf] [PADS 2011] Call for Papers - Deadline extended : January 29th
vsim-conf at sce.carleton.ca
vsim-conf at sce.carleton.ca
Fri Jan 14 22:20:27 CET 2011
***************** DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 29, 2011*******************
=====================(ABSTRACT DUE BY JANUARY 20th)=======================
CALL FOR PAPERS
PRINCIPLES OF ADVANCED AND DISTRIBUTED SIMULATION (PADS) 2011
June 14-17, 2011. Nice, France.
The Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS), (formerly
called Parallel and Distributed Simulation), is soliciting papers in all aspects of
simulation technology, expanding the traditional focus on parallel and distributed
simulation methods and applications.
Specifically, the steering and program committees look forward to high-quality paper
submissions in the following areas:
- The construction of simulation engines using advanced computer science
- Techniques for constructing scalable simulations.
- Advanced modeling techniques.
- New research in previously difficult problem domains.
- Simulation visualization techniques.
- Algorithms and methods for parallel or distributed simulation, including
synchronization, scheduling, memory management, load balancing, and
- Applications of large-scale or distributed simulation methods.
- Distributed interactive simulation and distributed virtual environments.
- Tools and techniques for interoperability of simulations.
- Integration of simulation with other IT systems, including automatic
simulation model generation and initialization and simulation based
- Online and symbiotic simulation.
- Simulation as emulation of real systems.
- Mechanisms for efficient design of experiments applied to ensembles of
simulations for parameter estimation, optimization, variance estimation,
- Unifying approaches towards mixed discrete and continuous simulation
- Verification, validation, and uncertainty quantification of simulations
Sponsors (approvals pending):
- ACM Special Interest Group on Simulation (SIGSIM)
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Simulation (IEEE-TCSIM)
- Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS)
- (new) Abstract must be submitted no later than January 20, 2011.
- Paper manuscripts must be submitted no later than January 29, 2011.
- Electronic submission of postscript or PDF is required, using the
electronic paper submission system available on the PADS website.
- Notification of acceptance will be made by February 28, 2011.
- Camera ready copies must be submitted by March 30, 2011.
Papers must be unpublished and must not be submitted for publication elsewhere.
Each submission must be accompanied by the following information: a short abstract,
a complete list of authors and their affiliations, a contact person for
correspondence, post and email addresses. Papers must be written in English and
should not exceed 10 pages using IEEE Formatting Guidelines (the final versions of
accepted papers will be limited to 8 pages, with the option to buy additional
pages). All submissions will be reviewed using a double-blind review process, i.e.,
the identity of authors and referees will not be revealed to each other. To ensure
blind reviewing, authors' names and affiliations should not appear in the paper, and
bibliographic references should be suitably modified.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Om-announce