[Om-announce] 2nd Call for Papers for WRiSE'11 on April 10 in Salzburg

Armin Biere biere at jku.at
Fri Jan 21 15:35:49 CET 2011

2nd Call for Papers for WRiSE 2011
First International Workshop of Rigorous Systems Engineering
April 10, Salzburg, Austria

http://fmv.jku.at/wrise11

Important Dates
---------------

Submission	February 6
Notification	March 6
Workshop	April 10

Invited Talks
-------------

George Candea, EPFL, Switzerland
Multi-Path Analysis for Real-World Software Systems

Daniel Kroening, Oxford, UK
Model Checking Unbounded Threads

Chairs
------

Armin Biere, JKU, Austria
Leonid Ryzhyk, NICTA, Australia

Program Committee
-----------------

Armin Biere, JKU, Austria
Nikolaj Bjorner, Microsoft, USA
Alessandro Cimatti, FBK, Italy
Manuel Costa, Microsoft, UK
Aarti Gupta, NEC, USA
Chris Hawblitzel, Microsoft, USA
John Regehr, Univ. of Utah, USA
Leonid Ryzhyk, NICTA, Australia
Carsten Sinz, KIT, Germany
Simon Winwood, UNSW, Australia

Overview
--------

This workshop provides a platform for the exchange of
ideas between systems research and formal methods. Recent
years have seen tremendous increase in reasoning power of
formal verification techniques. Today formal methods are
routinely applied during the design of processors. Device
drivers are model checked. Microkernels and hypervisors
have been fully formally verified.

With this workshop we want to stipulate further research in
rigorous system design in this direction. We particularly
welcome contributions that "cross the border", which either
apply established, adapted or new formal techniques to
computer systems or use precise formal modelling within
systems research.  Systems papers, which show the need
for formal reasoning, would be equally interesting.

Topics
------

Topics include but are not restricted to the following:

  - static analysis and model checking
  - interactive theorem proving
  - formal security and reliability analysis
  - automated testing
  - decision procedures
  - symbolic execution
  - model-driven development
  - software synthesis
  - programming languages and tools
  - domain-specific languages
  - distributed and real-time systems
  - experience reports

Submission
----------

We ask for three types of submissions:

  (1) original papers,
  (2) short papers, and
  (3) presentation-only papers.

For the first set of papers we will have formal proceedings
archived on ArXiV. These original papers will also be published
on the workshop webpage.  The authors will be able to retain
full copyright.

The page limits are

  - 12 pages for original papers,
  - 6 pages for short papers, and
  - 1 page for presentation-only papers

in Springer LNCS format.

Submission is handled through EasyChair:

  http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wrise11

Deadline for submission is 23:59 GMT on February 6.

For presentation-only papers at least an abstract should
be submitted and if applicable references to already
published work.  Short and presentation-only papers will
not be part of the formal ArXiV proceedings, and will
also not be published on the workshop webpage.

At least one author of an accepted paper is supposed to
present at the workshop.