[Om-announce] ARW 2012 Call for Papers

Renate Schmidt schmidt at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 13:07:11 CET 2012

[Please distribute to colleagues and members of your group.]

		     SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS

			    ARW 2012
		19th Automated Reasoning Workshop
		The University of Manchester, UK
			 2-4 April 2012

      Student Grant Application Deadline: 23 February 2012
	   Abstract Submission Deadline: 12 March 2012
		  http://arw2012.cs.man.ac.uk/

GENERAL INFORMATION
  The 19th Automated Reasoning Workshop (ARW 2012) will be held
  at the University of Manchester from 2 to 4 April 2012. This
  year the workshop will be collocated with the 28th British
  Colloquium for Theoretical Computer Science.

SCOPE
  The workshop will provide an informal forum for the automated
  reasoning community to discuss recent work, new ideas and
  applications, and current trends. It aims to bring together
  researchers from all areas of automated reasoning in order to
  foster links and facilitate cross-fertilisation of ideas among
  researchers from various disciplines, from theoreticians, from
  implementers and from users of automated reasoning methodologies.

  Topics include but are not limited to:
    o Theorem proving in classical and non-classical logics
    o Interactive theorem proving, logical frameworks, proof
      assistants, proof planning
    o Reasoning methods
          Saturation-based, instantiation-based, tableau, SAT
          Equational reasoning, unification
          Constraint satisfaction
          Decision procedures, SMT
          Combining reasoning systems
          Non-monotonic reasoning, commonsense reasoning,
          Abduction, induction
          Model checking, model generation, explanation
    o Formal methods to specifying, deriving, transforming and
      verifying computer systems, requirements and software
    o Logic-based knowledge representation and reasoning:
          Ontology engineering and reasoning
	  Domain specific reasoning (spatial, temporal, epistemic,
          agents, etc)
    o Logic and functional programming, deductive databases
    o Implementation issues and empirical results, demos
    o Practical experiences and applications of automated reasoning

  The workshop will be highly interactive, giving all attendees the
  opportunity to participate. It will contain sessions for
  displaying posters and presenting system demonstrations, and open
  discussion sessions organised around specific topics.

INVITED SPEAKERS
  Reiner Haehnle       Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
  Daniel Kroening      University of Oxford

SUBMISSIONS
  We invite the submission of camera-ready, two-page extended
  abstracts about recent work, work in progress, or a system
  description. The abstract can describe work that has already
  been published elsewhere. The main objective of the abstracts
  is to spread information about recent work in our community,
  and we expect to accept most on-topic submissions, but we may
  ask for revisions.

  To prepare your submission, please use the ARW LaTeX style file
  provided from the workshop website. Each submission should
  include the names and complete addresses (including email) of
  all authors. Correspondence will be sent to the first author,
  unless otherwise indicated.

  Submissions should be sent in PDF format to
  ARWorkshop2012 at gmail.com using *ARW12Submission* as subject of
  the email. For the final versions we require all sources (tex
  file and any input files).

PUBLICATION DETAILS
  Abstracts will be published in informal workshop notes and will
  be made available on the internet.

PRESENTATIONS
  Each workshop participant will be allocated a 5-10 minute slot
  (depending on time constraints), for a short talk to introduce
  their research. Each participant will also be allocated space
  in a poster session, where they can further present and discuss
  their work. Please prepare posters for the event.

STUDENT GRANTS
  There is a limited number of grants available to PhD students
  who wish to attend ARW 2012. The application deadline is 23
  February 2012. Please refer to the workshop website for details.

REGISTRATION & ACCOMMODATION
  Registration and accommodation booking for ARW12 are open.
  Please go to http://arw2012.cs.man.ac.uk/ and follow the links to
  our registration site and accommodation booking site.  We
  advise early booking, as Manchester hotels can get busy.

IMPORTANT DATES
  within 3 days  Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection
  of submnission
  23  Feb 2012   Student grant application deadline
  12  Mar 2012   Abstract submission deadline
  22  Mar 2012   Final version due
  2-4 Apr 2012   Workshop

CONTACT
  Please address any queries about the workshop to the local
  organisers at ARWorkshop2012 at gmail.com.

SPONSORS
  Automated Reasoning Workshop
  British Logic Colloquium
  School of Computer Science, University of Manchester
  University of Manchester

ARW ORGANISING COMMITTEE
  Alexander Bolotov
  Simon Colton