[Om-announce] RR2013 conference: TRAVEL GRANTS for US students available

Pascal Hitzler pascal.hitzler at wright.edu
Tue May 28 16:47:11 CEST 2013

We are happy to inform that this year the NSF provides support to U.S.
students for attending RR2013.

In order to apply for a grant, students need to send an email to
pascal at pascal-hitzler.de with subject "NSF GRANT RR2013" and attach a
single PDF form with the following information:

Section A: Applicant details, included name and affiliation,
(preliminary) title of the PhD Thesis, year of PhD, title and authors
(in the correct order) of paper accepted to RR2012 (if any), whether the
applicant is attending the Reasoning Web Summer School as well.

Section B: Minimum amount of support requested, with a brief
justification. This amount indicates the minimum amount of support
needed to attend the conference. We intend to give awards of at least
$1,500 each.

Section C: Short motivation statement (max 250 words) for applying.

The deadline for applying to the student grants is June 5, 2013.

Students applying for the grant can wait for a response and register
when they know the result. The early registration period will be
extended for all applicants.

Notice that grants are not limited to students that have a paper or
doctoral consortium poster accepted at the conference. Also, we
encourage students from adjacent fields to apply for a grant to take
part to RR, to foster interdisciplinary dialogue.

We would appreciate it a lot, if you could forward the info on grant
applications to those among your contacts who might be interested.

Best regards,

RR-13 chairs

--
Prof. Dr. Pascal Hitzler
Dept. of Computer Science, Wright State University, Dayton, OH