[Om-announce] Call for Workshop Proposals: SEFM 2014

lina.ye at inria.fr lina.ye at inria.fr
Fri Nov 15 15:00:28 CET 2013

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies.

SEFM 2014 – CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

12th International Conference on
Software Engineering and Formal Methods
(SEFM 2014)

http://sefm2014.inria.fr/

Grenoble, France
September 1-5, 2014

SEFM brings together practitioners and researchers from academia,
industry and government to advance the state of the art in formal
methods, to facilitate their uptake in the software industry and
to encourage their integration with practical engineering methods.
Satellite workshops provide further opportunities for collaborating
and exchanging ideas about specific topics of Formal Methods and
Software Engineering, from conceptual to practical aspects.
To this end, researchers and practitioners are invited to submit
proposals for workshops on topics in the fields of the conference.

Important Dates
- Workshops will take place on September 1-2, 2014
- Submission deadline for workshop proposals is January 31, 2014
- Notification: February 7, 2014

Submission

Workshop proposals should consist of one pdf file and should be submitted
by email at sefm14-workshops at inria.fr by the end of January, 2014.

Proposals

Workshop proposals should consist of the following items:
- name and acronym of the workshop
- motivations: short (up to 1 page) scientific justification of the
proposed topic and scope, its significance and relevance to SEFM,
and the particular benefits of the workshop to both Formal Methods
and Software Engineering communities
- name, affiliation, and short (up to 10 lines) bio of the workshop
organizers
- contact organizer
- desired length of the workshop, (half day, full day, 2 days)
- estimate of the audience size
- proposed format and agenda (e.g., demo sessions, tutorials, etc.)
- potential invited speakers
- any specific requirement the workshop may have
- procedures for selecting papers and participants
- plans for dissemination, if any (e.g., workshop proceedings, or special
issues of journals)
- preliminary call for papers (list of topics, preliminary PC, deadlines, etc.)
and link to the workshop website (if possible)
- information about previous editions (if applicable)

Organization details

In order to make SEFM workshops appealing for participants, we plan
to keep the fares as low as possible. Precise figures have not been
decided yet, but we estimate that the workshop fee will be
about 80€ per day, with a full fee of around 500€ for the whole week
(SEFM conference + workshops).

We also understand that having a good proceedings publication will
attract submissions. For that, we plan to organize a joint LNCS
proceedings volume. Nevertheless, if you have your own agreements
for proceedings or special issue publication, you can maintain them.

All accepted workshops would be asked to produce a Webpage and a call
for papers. Both workshop organizers and participants will be required
to register through the SEFM 2014 registration Webpage and attend their
workshop.

Carlos Canal, Marc Frappier, Akram Idani
The Workshop Chairs