[Om-announce] ERCIM STM 2014 PhD Thesis Award - call for applications (deadline july 7, 2014)
stm at unimi.it
Thu Jun 5 14:35:11 CEST 2014
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
ERCIM STM WG 2014 Award for the
Best Ph.D. Thesis on Security and Trust Management
The European Research Consortium in Informatics and Mathematics
(ERCIM) has a technical WG on Security and Trust Management (STM) for
performing a series of activities, as research projects,
workshop/conference organization, dissemination of knowledge, for
increasing the European research and development capabilities on
security, trust, and privacy.
One of the main goals of the WG is to promote the scientific growth of
young researchers interested in the field of security and trust
management. ERCIM STM WG then decided to establish an award for the
best Ph.D. thesis in this area to increase the visibility of the young
researchers within the ERCIM scientific community as well as in the
scientific community in general.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* applied cryptography;
* data and application security;
* identity management;
* networked systems security;
* privacy, anonymity, and untraceability;
* rigorous semantics and computational models for security and trust;
* security, privacy, and trust in emerging computing paradigms;
* security and trust management architectures, mechanisms, and policies.
Applications for the award in 2014 are open to all Ph.D. holders that
defended their thesis during 2013 in any European
University. Applications consisting of the Ph.D. Thesis (in PDF
format), a short summary of the Thesis (mandatory in English), a
curriculum vitae (in PDF format), and letters of support from at least
two researchers, one of whom should be from an ERCIM STM WG
Institution, should be sent by July 7, 2014 to the WG Chair,
Pierangela Samarati (pierangela.samarati at unimi.it).
Theses will be evaluated by a Committee appointed from the European
research community. The theses will be judged on the basis of
scientific quality, originality, clarity of presentation, as well as
potential impact of the results. The Committee members for the 2014
* Carlo Blundo, Universita' degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
* Simon Foley, University College Cork, Ireland
* Sokratis Katsikas, University of Piraeus, Greece
* Javier Lopez, University of Malaga, Spain
* Fabio Martinelli, CNR, Italy
* Sjouke Mauw, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
* Guenther Pernul, Universitat Regensburg, Germany
* Jean-Jacques Quisquater, Universite' Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
* Pierangela Samarati, Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Italy
The ceremony for the award will be held during the 10th International
Workshop on Security and Trust Management (STM 2014) on September
10-11 2014, Wroclaw, Poland.
STM WG web page: http://www.iit.cnr.it/STM-WG
ERCIM web page: http://www.ercim.org
Il 5 x mille alla nostra Università è un investimento sui giovani,
sui loro migliori progetti.
Sostiene la libera ricerca.
Alimenta le loro speranze nel futuro.
Investi il tuo 5 x mille sui giovani.
Università degli Studi di Milano
codice fiscale 80012650158
More information about the Om-announce