[Om-announce] Logical Methods in CS: ten years

LMCS bulkmail at lmcs-online.org
Fri May 2 20:52:04 CEST 2014

Dear All,

This year our journal Logical Methods in Computer Science
http://www.lmcs-online.org/index.php
celebrates its tenth anniversary, and we would like to use this opportunity to
remind everyone of this successful community effort.
We also have some news about the future of the journal.

The first papers were submitted to LMCS in 2004, with 16 papers being published
the following year. Since then, submission numbers have steadily increased, and
last year the number of published papers was 75! We are also proud that many
high quality conferences such as LICS, FOSSACS, RTA, CSL, and others regularly
publish their special issues in our journal. This success has only been
possible thanks to the support of the community: from you; from the authors;
from the reviewers; from the editors; and  from our sponsors. But today our
special thanks go to Dana Scott who has been our editor-in-chief for the last
ten years, and whose ideas and contributions have been essential to us
throughout.

Turning from the past to the future, Jiri Adamek will retire in 2016, and with
his departure we will lose our current publishing arrangements. So we have
begun to put in place a structure which will ensure a well-established and
secure future for the journal. To this end we have formed an Executive Board.
The current members of the Board are Luca Aceto, Rajeev Alur, Lars Birkedal,
Prakash Panangaden, Wolfgang Thomas, and ourselves. The Board has appointed a
new editor-in-chief, Lars Birkedal, who has taken over from Dana. Lars will
oversee the transition to the new arrangements and take over Jiri's editorial
duties when he retires. We are enormously grateful to Lars for taking on this
role. Lars and the Executive Board will work  to ensure the future success of
our journal and to provide the community with a high quality open-access
publication venue.

With best wishes,

Jiri Adamek, Stefan Milius, Benjamin Pierce, Gordon Plotkin, and Moshe Vardi
Managing Editors