[Om-announce] CFP: IEEE Trans on Big Data, Special Issue on Theoretical Foundations for Big Data Security and Privacy
shuiyucfp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 01:48:25 CEST 2016
We apology for possible cross posting, and appreciate for forwarding to
****Call for Papers****
*Special Issue on **Theoretical Foundations for Big Data Security and
*IEEE Transactions on Big Data*
Big data is one of the hottest research topics in science and technology
communities, and it possesses a great application potential in every sector
of human society. However, security and privacy, especially theoretical
foundations of them, are critical barriers for extensive applications of
big data. We have seen the vulnerability of the available privacy
preserving data publishing methods against the dramatic development of
mining techniques. We also meet the challenges to apply strict privacy
protection frameworks (e.g., differential privacy) in practice. In terms of
cryptography, we are experiencing the extraordinary efficiency problem
given the volume and scale of big data. Moreover, we have to handle the
existing and emerging attack methods in the big data environment. In
summary, it is time for us to face the challenges. We have to improve or
adjust the existing security and privacy techniques, even invent new tools
and techniques, to accommodate the new problems and challenges in the age
of big data.
The purpose of this special issue is to solicit the latest outputs of
theoretical foundations and mechanisms in big data security and privacy.
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
· Privacy awareness of data mining in big data
· Threat and Vulnerability Analysis in Big Data
· Architecture for Security and Privacy in Big Data
· Encrypted Information Retrieval in Big Data
· Cryptanalysis and Applications in Big Data
· Lightweight Cryptographic Algorithms in Big Data
· Network Security, Privacy in Big Data
· Network Forensics in Big Data
· Anonymous Communication in Big Data
· Physical Layer Security in Big Data
· Privacy and Security in Cloud Data
· Privacy and Security in Data Center Networks
· Attacks and Counter Measures in Big Data
· Information Forensics in Big Data
· Identity Management and Key Management in Big Data
· Intrusion Detection and Response in Big Data
· Security and Privacy in Complex Networks
· Malware and Virus Detection in Big Data
· Biometric Security and Forensics in Big Data
· Reliability and Availability in Big Data
· Network Security and Privacy in Big Data
*Submission Instructions *
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read
the Instructions for Authors for *IEEE Transactions on Big Data *(TBD). The
complete manuscript should be submitted through TBD’s submission system. To
ensure that you submit to the correct special issue, please select the
appropriate section in the drop-down menu upon submission. In your cover
letter, please also clearly mention the title of the SI.
01/12/2016 Paper submission due
01/02/2017 1st round review due
01/04/2017 1st revision due
01/05/2017 2nd round review due
01/06/2017 2nd revision due
01/07/2017 Final due
*Guest Editors *
Dr. Shui Yu, Deakin University, Australia.
Dr. Peter Mueller, IBM Research, Switzerland.
Prof. Jian Pei, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
Prof. Ke Liu, NSF China, China.
Please send your comments and queries to Dr Shui Yu via syu at deakin.edu.au.
Shui YU, PhD, Senior Lecturer
School of Information Technology, Deakin University,
221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, VIC 3125, Australia.
Telephone:0061 3 9251 7744
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Om-announce