[Om-announce] Research officer in theoretical foundations of cyber security at Swansea University

Markus Roggenbach m.roggenbach at swansea.ac.uk
Sun Feb 5 12:12:47 CET 2017

Research officer in theoretical foundations of cyber security at Swansea University

Duration: 3 years
Available now
Application deadline: 24.2.17

Within an EPSRC funded project, we have a research position that
offers an opportunity to undertake research in the broad area of
Trust, Identity, Privacy and Security. To this end we want apply
algebra and logic in explorations of topics such as

- security and privacy properties for data sharing;
- block-chain technologies;
- digital identities;
- authentication and certification.

The position provides an opportunity to enter the important,
developing field of formal methods for cyber security.

We encourage any candidate with experience in

- theory of computation;
- formal methods for software development;
- logic and AI; or
- computer security

to apply for our position. A previous track record in cyber security will be valuable,
however not be necessary.

For informal enquires please contact
Prof John Tucker (J.V.Tucker at swansea.ac.uk <mailto:J.V.Tucker at swansea.ac.uk>) or
Prof Markus Roggenbach (M.Roggenbach at swansea.ac.uk <mailto:M.Roggenbach at swansea.ac.uk>)