[Om-announce] [ISSAC-ANNOUNCE] Journal of Symbolic Computation Special Issue for ISSAC2018: Call for Papers
pogudin at CIMS.NYU.EDU
Wed Oct 3 05:42:45 CEST 2018
JOURNAL OF SYMBOLIC COMPUTATION
Special Issue - ISSAC 2018
A special issue of Journal of Symbolic Computation will be published
43rd International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation
was held at the CUNY Graduate Center and Courant Institute of
of NYU from July 16-19, 2018.
* Manuel Kauers, Johannes Kepler University Linz, manuel.kauers at jku.at
Alexey Ovchinnikov, City University of New York,
alexey.ovchinnikov at qc.cuny.edu
Eric Schost, University of Waterloo, eschost at uwaterloo.ca
* Deadline for paper submission: November 17, 2018.
* We solicit high-quality and original research papers with journal-style
extent of papers related to topics discussed at ISSAC’18. Papers may be
extended versions of ISSAC papers, posters, software demonstrations.
We also accept submissions that are not connected to an ISSAC
but otherwise related to the event. All submitted papers will be
according to the usual JSC refereeing process.
* You are recommended to use the latex style file and template from
to prepare your manuscript to speedup the publication procedure.
* Submission is via EasyChair at the website:
Notice the trailing 0.
* The introduction of the paper
must explicitly address the following questions
in succinct and informal manner:
- What is the problem?
- Why is the problem important?
- What has been done so far on the problem?
- What is the main contribution of the paper on the problem?
- Why is the contribution original? (see below for clarification)
- Why is the contribution non-trivial?
- How is the journal paper different from the conference paper.
* Make it complete (since there is no page limit).
- All the related works and issues must be completely and
- All the previous relevant JSC papers must be properly cited and
- All the theorem must be rigorously proved (no sketch allowed).
- All the important definitions/theorems/algorithms must be
illustrated by well-chosen examples.
* Address all the feedback from the conference's referee process
The results which already appeared in the conference paper
will be still counted as an original result for JSC refereeing
Incorporating additional results, especially inspired by the ISSAC
reviews or by discussions during the conference is strongly
You may leave the ISSAC-ANNOUNCE list at any time by sending a "SIGNOFF ISSAC-ANNOUNCE" command to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.ACM.ORG or by visiting http://listserv.acm.org/archives/ISSAC-ANNOUNCE.html.
More information about the Om-announce