[Om-announce] Call for Papers: CD-MAKE 2019

res.mb.conference conference at sba-research.org
Mon Mar 11 09:16:41 CET 2019

"Augmenting Human Intelligence with Artificial Intelligence"

Call for Papers - CD-MAKE 2019
3rd International IFIP Cross Domain Conference for Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction
CD-MAKE is a joint effort of IFIP TC 5, TC 12, IFIP WG 8.4, WG 8.9 and WG 12.9 and is held in conjunction with the International Conference on Availability, Reliability & Security, ARES 2018

Machine learning is the workhorse of Artificial Intelligence with enormous challenges in various application domains. It needs a concerted international effort without boundaries, supporting collaborative and integrative cross-disciplinary research between experts from diverse fields.
Conference Location: University of Kent, Canterbury, UK

Conference Website https://cd-make.net<https://cd-make.net/>
Submission link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cdmake2019
Submission Deadline (soft deadline): April, 8, 2019
Author Notification: May, 24, 2019 - Author registration before June 13, 2019
Camera Ready Deadline (hard deadline): June, 23, 2019
Conference: August, 26-29, 2019

EasyChair Submission Link
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cdmake2019

The goal of the CD-MAKE conference is to act as an innovative catalysator and to bring together researchers from the following seven thematic sub-areas in a cross-disciplinary manner, to stimulate fresh ideas and to encourage multi-disciplinary problem solving:
- DATA - Data science (data fusion, preprocessing, mapping, knowledge representation, discovery)
- LEARNING - Machine learning algorithms, contextual adaptation, explainable-AI, causal reasoning
- VISUALIZATION - and visual analytics, intelligent user interfaces, human-computer interaction
- PRIVACY - data protection, safety, security, ethics, acceptance and social issues of ML
- NETWORK - graphical models, graph-based ML
- TOPOLOGY - geometrical machine learning, topological data analysis, manifold learning
- ENTROPY - time and machine learning, entropy-based ML

Each paper will be reviewed by at least three experts. Accepted Papers will appear in a Volume of Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) and there is also the opportunity to publish in our MAKE Journal: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/make

In line with CD-MAKE we organize the 2nd workshop on explainable AI (ex-AI):
https://hci-kdd.org/make-explainable-artificial-intelligence-2019

In line with the ex-AI session we have 2019 a unique opportunity for interested authors. We have an open call for papers in the Springer/Nature BMC Journal Medical Informatics and Decision Support (MIDM, SCI-Impactfactor 2.134) during the whole year, where papers can be submitted and - given acceptance - can also be presented at the conference. Vice versa, we have the opportunity that presented papers at the conference can be expanded and published into the journal:
https://hci-kdd.org/special-issue-explainable-ai-medical-informatics-decision-making