[Om-announce] [CfP] ASYDE workshop @SEFM'19 - Springer Special Issue and Keynote ready

alexander.perucci at univaq.it alexander.perucci at univaq.it
Fri May 24 12:40:50 CEST 2019

[Apologies for multiple postings]

** Reminder: the ASYDE @SEFM'19 submission deadline is June 10th, 2019
** Keynote by Marjan Sirjani @ASYDE 2019, Mälardalen University
** Special Issue on Automated and Verifiable Internet Services and Applications Development - Springer Journal of Internet Services and Applications (JISA) is open and calling for exciting papers.

More on http://asyde2019.disim.univaq.it/

== KEYNOTE ==

- Marjan Sirjani, Mälardalen University

- TITLE: Reactive Systems: From Requirements to Verifiable Models to Code

- ABSTRACT: Software systems are complicated, and the scientific and engineering methodologies for software development are relatively young. We need robust methods for handling the ever-increasing complexity of software systems that are now in every corner of our lives. In this talk I will focus on asynchronous event-based reactive systems and show how we start from the requirements, move to actor-based models, verify the models for correctness, and build executable codes based on that. I show how we can use the architecture design and sequence diagrams to build the behavioral model, and the state diagrams to write the properties of interest, and then use model checking to check the properties. We then refine the verified models to develop the executable code. The natural mappings among the models for requirements, the formal models, and the executable code improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the approach. It also helps in runtime monitoring and adaptation.

== SPECIAL ISSUE ==

During the last three decades, automation in internet services and applications development has gone mainstream. Software development teams strive to automate as much of the software development activities as possible. Automation helps, in fact, to reduce development time and cost, as well as to concentrate knowledge by bringing quality into every step of the development process. Realizing high-quality internet services and applications requires producing software that is efficient, error-free, cost-effective, and that satisfies customer requirements. Thus, one of the most crucial factors impacting software quality concerns not only the automation of the development process but also the ability to verify the outcomes of each process activity and the goodness of the resulting software product as well.

This JISA Thematic Series aims at new automated software development methods and techniques, compositional verification theories, integration architectures, flexible and dynamic composition, and automated planning mechanisms.

We seek contributions at various levels: from foundational aspects to concrete application experiments; from modeling to verification and analysis; from deployment to execution; from (industrial) experience papers and case-studies, to tool demonstrations and visionary papers; papers describing novel research contributions and innovative applications are of particular interest

== IMPORTANT DATES ==

- Paper submissions: October 1st, 2019
- First response to authors: December 22nd, 2019

== TOPICS OF INTEREST (although not limited to) ==

- Specification and design of services and applications
- Architecture and implementation of services and applications
- Services and applications verification models
- Formal methods for automated development of services and applications
- Model-driven development of services and applications
- Correct-by-construction development of services and applications
- Automated synthesis of software integration code
- Automated development and integration of services and applications
- Automated and verifiable software development
- Automated planning methods for software development
- Non-functional properties of services and applications
- Software quality assurance for automated software development
- Compositional theories for software development and its (dynamic) verification
- Dynamic verification and testing
- Service-oriented and component-based software development
- Machine learning techniques for the development of services and applications

JISA is an open access journal. Recent papers can be downloaded from https://jisajournal.springeropen.com/articles

== SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS ==

Prior to submission, authors should carefully read over the Instructions for Authors, which are located at https://jisajournal.springeropen.com/submission-guidelines. Prospective authors should submit an electronic copy of their complete manuscript through the SpringerOpen submission system at https://www.editorialmanager.com/jisa/ according to the submission schedule. Upon submitting, authors should choose the correct Thematic Series in the “sections” box by selecting “TS: Automated and Verifiable ISA Development”. In addition, they should specify the manuscript as a submission to the “Automated and Verifiable Internet Services and Applications Development” in the cover letter. If you have any difficulty in paying the author processing charges (APC), please request a waiver from the editors.

== GUEST EDITORS ==

-  Farhad Arbab, CWI, The Netherlands
-  Marco Autili, University of L'Aquila, Italy (Lead Editor)
-  Federico Ciccozzi, Malardalen University, Sweden
-  Pascal Poizat, Sorbonne Université, France
-  Massimo Tivoli, University of L'Aquila, Italy

Please address queries related to this call to:
farhad.arbab at cwi.nl; marco.autili at univaq.it; federico.ciccozzi at mdh.se; pascal.poizat at lip6.fr; massimo.tivoli at univaq.it