[Om-announce] Realizing the promises of Predictive Maintenance: an exciting PhD position at University of Twente, the Netherlands

Marielle Stoelinga m.i.a.stoelinga at utwente.nl
Thu Sep 5 20:49:16 CEST 2019

*Predict failures better and avoid train delays, power outages, and other
failures? *Come join us and help realize the grand promises *if predictive
maintenance*: Through an effective combination of sensor techniques, big
data analysis, maintenance engineering, we want to predict failures better,
so that maintenance can be more effective. The current position focus on an
effective combination of formal methods (fault trees, stochastic model
checking) and data analytics (decision trees, Bayesian Networks, neural
networks) understand failure behaviour and it root causes better.

PrimaVera project is funded by the prestigious National Dutch Research
Agenda. The project consortium is a team of leading researchers from
Eindhoven University of Technology, Radboud University, Saxion, Haagse
Hogeschool and the Dutch Aerospace Laboratory, as well as several
industrial partners. The project funds 16 positions in total.

*We seek *an excellent PhD candidate to work on the PrimaVera project with
a strong background in theoretical computer science, or mathematics, and
skills to apply theory in practice. You are expected to collaborate with
the industrial partners on one or more case studies.

*We offer *a fully paid PhD positions, with excellent salary and benefits,
at a very strong and inspiring research department. To apply, see here
<https://www.utwente.nl/en/organization/careers/!/988018/2-phd-position-on-the-primavera-predictive-maintenance-for-very-effective-asset-management-project>
. Deadline: October 1.

*We are *the Formal Methods & Tools at the University of Twente, the
Netherlands. Ranked 1st in the last Dutch National Research Assessment. The
project is led by Prof.dr.Marielle Stoelinga: m.i.a.stoelinga at utwente.nl

--
Prof.dr. Marielle Stoelinga
Professor of risk management for high-tech systems