[Om-announce] 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020)

LUIS MAGDALENA luis.magdalena at upm.es
Mon Jan 20 16:58:06 CET 2020

** Please accept our apologies for cross-posting **
** It would be highly appreciated if you could disseminate this CFP
among your colleagues **

The deadlines for some events of the 24th European Conference on
Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020) are approaching.

+ Tutorial Proposals: February 20 UTC-12 (Proposal submission deadline)

+ 9th Starting AI Researchers Symposium (STAIRS): February 21 UTC-12
(Paper submission deadline)

+ Doctoral Consortium: April 1 UTC-12 (Deadline for DC applications)

+ Workshops: 37 workshops have been accepted. The complete list is
available at http://ecai2020.eu/workshops/. Check the deadlines for
paper submission.

ECAI 2020
========

The biennial European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI) is
Europe's premier venue for presenting scientific results in AI. Under
the general theme "Paving the way towards Human-Centric AI", the 24th
edition of ECAI will be held in Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO's World
Heritage City which is the destination of unique Routes that cross all
Europe since the Middle Ages. The conference dates are 10-12 June 2020,
with the workshops taking place on 8-9 June. Save these dates!

We had a record number of submissions for the Main Conference this year.
We had more than 1700 abstract submissions and we reviewed 1443 papers
of which 1363 full papers and 80 2-page highlight papers. Due to space
limitations we were only able to accept 365 full-papers and 36 2-page
highlight papers, yielding an acceptance rate of 26.8% for full-papers
and 45% for 2-page highlight papers. The competition was particularly
stiff this year due to the very large number of submissions (more than
the double of the last ECAI stand-alone editions).

ECAI 2020 EVENTS
----------------

In addition to the outstanding technical program, ECAI 2020 comprises an
ample set of activities, including:

+ Invited plenary keynote lectures
<http://ecai2020.eu/news-keynote-speakers/>
+ Invited "Frontiers in AI" talks <http://ecai2020.eu/frontiers-in-ai/>
+ Workshops <http://ecai2020.eu/workshops/>
+ Tutorials <http://ecai2020.eu/tutorials/>
+ Mentoring and Communication Program for Starting AI Researchers
(MC4SR) <http://ecai2020.eu/aiearlyresearchers/>, constituted by:
- 9th Starting Artificial Intelligence Researchers Symposium (STAIRS 2020)
- Doctoral Consortium (DC) <http://ecai2020.eu/doctoral-consortium/>
- Three Minutes Thesis competition (3MT) with tracks "Research2Society"
and "Research2Market" which include a training and the competition
itself (supervised by experts and judged by the participants)
- Lunch with an EurAI Fellow
- Job Fair
+ Conference on Prestigious Applications of Intelligent Systems (PAIS
2020) <http://ecai2020.eu/pais/>
+ EU Challenges forum <http://ecai2020.eu/euchallenges/>
+ Lab To Market event and demos <http://ecai2020.eu/labtomarket/>
+ Women in AI Breakfast organized by Women in AI association
<https://www.womeninai.co>
+ … and more!

For more details the ECAI 2020 program, please see <http://ecai2020.eu>.

ORGANIZATION
------------

The Conference is hosted by the European Association for Artificial
Intelligence (EurAI) and the Spanish AI Society (AEPIA).
ECAI 2020 is organized by the Intelligent Systems Group (GSI) and the
Research Centre in Intelligent Technologies (CiTIUS), University of
Santiago de Compostela.

CONTACT AND UPDATES

Updates will be regularly published at the Conference Website:
www.ecai2020.eu
Follow us in Twitter @ECAI2020

--
Luis Magdalena