[Om-announce] extendend submission deadline - CD-MAKE 2020 - Call for Papers

res.mb.conference conference at sba-research.org
Tue Mar 17 16:24:29 CET 2020

4th International IFIP Cross Domain Conference for Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction (CD-MAKE 2020) -  CALL FOR PAPERS
CD-MAKE is a joint effort of IFIP TC 5, TC 12, IFIP WG 8.4, WG 8.9 and WG 12.9 and is held in conjunction with the International Conference on Availability, Reliability & Security, ARES 2020
August 25 - 28, 2020 University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
https://cd-make.net/

CD-MAKE & the current COVI-19 Situation:

ARES & CD-MAKE steering committee is closely monitoring the COVID-19  situation all around the globe and is taking every possible measure to insure participants safety, and, at the same time, the success of this year´s conference at UCD Dublin.

Therefore, we decided on the following steps:

- The submission deadline, of ARES & CD-MAKE is extended to April 15, 2020

- In case authors cannot be present at the conference, they will be allowed to present their work virtually to ensure both the safety of participants and wide dissemination of their work.

We will announce further instructions regarding this in the due time.

- To allow more time to prepare the papers, we will switch to post-conference proceedings, they will be available after the conference.

- The adapted deadlines can be found here: CD- MAKE<https://cd-make.net/important-dates/>, ARES<https://www.ares-conference.eu/important-dates/>

We are able to guarantee that ARES & CD-MAKE 2020 will be published by the International Conference Proceedings Series published by ACM ICPS (ARES) & Springer LNCS (CD-MAKE); even if we have to switch to an all-digital meeting.

***********
CD-MAKE 2020
************
Machine learning and Knowledge Extraction (MAKE) is the workhorse of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Successful human-centered AI needs a concerted effort without boundaries, supporting collaborative and integrative cross-disciplinary research between experts cross-domain.

Paper Submission Deadline: April 15,2020

The goal of the CD-MAKE conference is to act as a catalysator, to bring together academia and industry in a cross-disciplinary manner, to stimulate fresh ideas and to support human-centered AI:

1) DATA - data fusion, preprocessing, mapping, knowledge representation, environments, etc.
2) LEARNING - algorithms, contextual adaptation, causal reasoning, transfer learning, etc.
3) VISUALIZATION - intelligent interfaces, human-AI interaction, dialogue systems, explanation interfaces, etc.
4) PRIVACY - data protection, safety, security, reliability, verifiability, trust, ethics and social issues, etc.
5) NETWORK - graphical models, graph-based machine learning, Bayesian inference, etc.
6) TOPOLOGY - geometrical machine learning, topological and manifold learning, etc.
7) ENTROPY - time and machine learning, entropy-based learning, etc.

In line with CD-MAKE we organize the xAI Workshop: https://human-centered.ai/explainable-ai-2020/

Each paper will be reviewed by at least three experts from the conference committee.
Accepted Papers will appear in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)

************
CONFERENCE OFFICERS
************
Andreas HOLZINGER, Holzinger Group HCI-KDD, Medical University Graz, Austria
Peter KIESEBERG, St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, Austria
Edgar WEIPPL, SBA Research, Austria
A Min TJOA, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

************
IMPORTANT DATES
************
Paper Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020
Author Notification: May 28, 2020
Camera Ready (hard deadline!): July 05, 2020
Conference: August 25 - 28, 2020

SUBMISSION
EasyChair Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cdmake2020

Detailed submission information can be found here: https://cd-make.net/submission/