[Om-announce] LPOP 2020 Call for Participation

Matthew Castellana matcastellan at cs.stonybrook.edu
Mon Nov 9 22:52:00 CET 2020

We extend a call for participation to the Logic and Practice of
Programming (LPOP) 2020 Workshop:

https://2020.splashcon.org/home/lpop-2020?plenary=Hide%20plenary%20sessions#event-overview

The goal of the workshop is to bring together the best people and best
languages, tools, and ideas to help improve logic languages for the
practice of programming and improve the practice of programming with
logic and declarative programming.

We will have invited talks by four wonderful people: Adnan Darwiche
(UCLA), Leslie Lamport (Microsoft Research), Stuart Russell (UC
Berkeley), and Peter Stuckey (U of Melbourne). There will be additional
presentations and discussion panels on using well-known description
methods and tools. We have grouped presentations of description methods
by the kind of problems that they address, and to allow ample time to
understand the strengths of the various approaches and how they might be
combined.

If you are interested in attending, please visit
https://2020.splashcon.org/home/lpop-2020 to register. The full program
for the workshop can be found under the "Program" tab on the main page.