[Om-announce] Extended Deadline: Assistant Professor, Computer Security and Privacy - Lassonde School of Engineering - York University (Toronto, ON)

Debra Clinton dclinton at kbrs.ca
Wed Jan 4 00:18:29 CET 2023

Assistant Professor, Computer Security and Privacy - York University, Lassonde School of Engineering

The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, York University invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a professorial stream tenure-track appointment in Computer Security and Privacy at the rank of Assistant Professor, to commence July 1, 2023. There is one (1) position available. The closing date has been extended to January 16, 2023.

Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. All York University positions are subject to budgetary approval.

The Ideal Candidate

A PhD in computer science or a closely related field is required by the start of the appointment, with a demonstrated record of excellence, or promise of excellence, in research and in teaching. Applicants should have a clearly articulated program of research in Computer Security and Privacy broadly interpreted as including, but not limited to the following:

•           OS security and malware analysis

•           software security

•           computer forensics

•           penetration testing and ethical hacking

•           mobile security

•           cloud security

•           user privacy

•           trust management

•           cryptography

The successful candidate will be expected to engage in outstanding, innovative, and externally funded research at the highest level in the field of Computer Security and Privacy.

Candidates must provide evidence of research excellence or promise of research excellence of a recognized international calibre, as demonstrated by, for example: the research statement that clearly evidences the impact and importance of the work; a record of publications in significant journals and/or conferences in the Security and Privacy fields; presentations at major conferences; awards and accolades; and recommendations from referees of high standing. The position will involve graduate teaching and supervision, as well as undergraduate teaching, and the successful candidate must be suitable for prompt appointment to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.

Evidence of excellence or promise of excellence in teaching will be provided through means such as: the teaching statement; teaching accomplishments and pedagogical innovations including in high priority areas such as experiential education and technology enhanced learning; teaching evaluations; and letters of reference.

About the Department

The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at York University is one of the foremost academic and research departments in Canada with more than 75 faculty members, offering a range of undergraduate programs and research-intensive graduate degrees. For further information please visit http://eecs.lassonde.yorku.ca<http://eecs.lassonde.yorku.ca/>.

About the Lassonde School of Engineering

Established in 2012, the Lassonde School of Engineering, York University offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs to educate multidisciplinary problem solvers, critical thinkers, and entrepreneurs who understand creativity, communications, social responsibility, and cultural diversity. Further information is available at http://lassonde.yorku.ca<http://lassonde.yorku.ca/>/.

About York University

York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet, and our future.

Applying to York University

York University has a policy on Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities<https://www.yorku.ca/secretariat/policies/> and is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact eecsjoin at yorku.ca<mailto:eecsjoin at yorku.ca>.

York University is an Affirmative Action (AA) employer and strongly values diversity, including gender and sexual diversity, within its community. The AA Program, which applies to women, members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and those who self-identify as 2SLGBTQ+, can be found at http://acadjobs.info.yorku.ca/ or by calling the AA line at 416-736-5713. Applicants wishing to self-identify as part of York University’s Affirmative Action program can do so as part of the online application process.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and Indigenous peoples in Canada will be given priority. No application will be considered without a completed mandatory Work Status Declaration form, which is included as part of the online application process.

How to Apply

Applicants must complete the online application process at http://apply.interfolio.com/113613. Include the following documents:

  *   a cover letter (indicating position, and the rank you wish to be considered for),
  *   a detailed curriculum vitae,
  *   statements of contribution to research, teaching, and curriculum development, and
  *   three sample research publications.

Candidates selected for further consideration will be expected to provide contact details for three referees. For full consideration we need to have received your complete application materials by January 16, 2023.  The application deadline has been extended.

If you have any questions or problems with submitting an application on the York portal, please contact Debra Clinton at dclinton at kbrs.ca<mailto:dclinton at kbrs.ca>.

Debra Clinton
Executive Recruiter (She/Her)
Read our Insights
T. 1.866.822.6022
151 Yonge Street
​Yonge and Richmond Center 11th Floor, Suite 1101
​Toronto, On
​M5C 2W7
www.kbrs.ca
This e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed (the "addressee") and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use that a person other than the addressee makes of this communication is prohibited and any reliance or decisions made based on it, are the responsibility of such person. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by any person other than the addressee as a result of decisions made or actions taken based on this communication or otherwise. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.
​
If you choose to use our services/or submit your personal information then you are providing your consent for our firm to use your personal information to conduct business activities as described in our Privacy Policy on our website.
​
If you do not wish to receive future contact from KBRS via email, please send your request to unsubscribe at kbrs.ca Your request will be honored within 10 days. Thank You.