[Om-announce] THE IMPORTANCE OF LOGIC FOR HUMANITY - World Logic Day 2023 - January 14, 4pm CET

jean-yves beziau beziau100 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:22:00 CET 2023

For the 5th edition of the World Logic Day LUA  is organizing a round table
on THE IMPORTANCE OF LOGIC FOR HUMANITY.

Human beings were characterized in Greek antiquity as "logical animals"
("rational animals", in Latin). "Logos" in Greek has four main meanings:
language, science, reasoning, relation. Logic is not one science among
others. It is a very special science and it is not only a science, it is an
extraordinary capacity that human beings have, called in Latin "reasoning".
Logic is the art of thinking that allows us to understand, master and
transform reality. Logic is not one field among others because it is
universal, it encompasses everything: reasoning is fundamental for the
development of any science, to guide our mind, to direct our actions.

In this webinar we will discuss these questions with the following
participants: Jean-Yves Beziau, Julie Brumberg-Chaumont, Ioannis
Vandoulakis, Elena Lisanyuk, Patrick Blackburn, Caroline Pires Ting, John
Symons.
Chairwoman: Katarzyna Gan-Krzywoszynska

Everybody is welcome to attend.
Saturday January 14, 2023, at 4pm CET (Paris-Geneva-Rome)
LUA - Logica Universalis Association
https://www.logica-universalis.org/wld5