[om] Announce: KQML for OpenMath

Michael Kohlhase kohlhase at ags.uni-sb.de
Wed Aug 18 15:58:41 CEST 1999

Dear Friends,

On OpenMath workshop in Talahassee I proposed KQML (the Knowledge Query and
Management Language; a standart Agent communication language) as a basis
for the protocol layer of OpenMath.

In Eindhoven the question of designing a protocol layer for OM reappeared
and KQML was mentioned independently in this context, since KQML is an
independent standard for Agent communication that has been in use for a
couple of years.

To make it more compatible with OpenMath, I went ahead and specified an XML
representation of KQML for OpenMath. (see
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~omega/www/projects/openmath/kqml for a DTD and
examples.)

We are planning to use KQML as the protocol for communication between
mathematical services in the OMEGA system (see
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~omega) which uses our MathWeb architecture (see
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~omega/www/openmath.html) for agent-based
communication among mathematical software systems.

Please have a look at
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~omega/www/projects/openmath/kqml and give me
feedback.

   Dr. Michael Kohlhase, FB Informatik,  Bau 36, Zi. 220
   Universit"at des Saarlandes, 66041 Saarbr"ucken, Germany
   tel/fax: (49)-681-302-4628/2235 net: <kohlhase at cs.uni-sb.de>
   http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~kohlhase/

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org